Photocentric Firm Black UV LCD resin is ideal for creating parts that can hold their shape but can also bend and flex slightly without snapping. The resin produces parts with a similar mechanical property as Polypropylene.
Thin objects will deflect and compress enough to bend and return to their original shape. Firm UV LCD resin have a moderate to high tensile shear property. It is optimised for fast exposure times holding the finest detail you can get with your 3D printer.
You will produce tough and durable parts that are long lasting provided they are stored in dry conditions away from strong UV light.
Photocentirc have advised us that this resin is compatible with UV LCD printers such as Anycubic Photon, Wanhao D7, Phrozen Shuffle, Sparkmaker, Kudo Bean.
Follow the procedures laid out in your UV-LCD printer user manual. Resin should be poured into the tray away from direct sunlight. Polymer can be Available in 1kg bottles with non-drip cap. reused but should be poured through a filter to remove solid lumps. Liquid polymer is soluble in water and soap. After cleaning objects, surface tack can be removed by leaving under water in UV light for 20 minutes. Total post cure should be at least 1 hour in UV light.
Example Settings for a Anycubic Photon:
- Slice Thickness: 50um
- Exposure Time: 12sec
- Bottom Exposure Time: 48sec
- Bottom Layers: 4
- Settle Time: 4sec
Firm UV LCD resin data sheets
Firm UV LCD Resin specifications
- Material: UV LCD Resin
- Volume: 1kg bottles
- Compatible Printers: Anycubic Photon, Wanhao D7, Phrozen Shuffle, Sparkmaker, Kudo Bean
- Viscocity: 560 cPs
- Hardness (after post exposure): 65Dshore
- Tensile Strength (ASTM D638 after post exposure): 26 MPa
- Tensile Strength (ASTM D638 before post exposure): 10 MPa
- Tensile Modulus (ASTM D638 after post exposure): 700 MPa
- Elongation at break (ASTM D638): 10%
- Heat deflection temp (ASTM D648): 52°C
- Density: 1.18 g/cm3
- Storage temperature: 10-50°C
*Note that colours are representative
** Photocentric colour availability can vary a lot so please check – Tel: 01453 808026