Why buy the Up box 3D printer?
The Tiertime UPBOX + 3d printer is further proof of Tiertime’s commitment to the development of desktop 3D printers and is the latest version of their high spec UP Box with the addition of WiFi connectivity and the ability to use both 500g and 1kg filament spools with its included domed cover and spool holder extension. It features the largest build area for its desktop printers having a build volume of 25.5×20.5×20.5cm. Print resolution is down to 0.1mm. Due to the UPBOX’s many features that make 3D printing easy and its low operating noise level and air filter the UPBOX 3d printer is the ideal choice for the home, office or classroom. As with all of Tiertime’s Up desktop 3D printer range it comes with many additional features that help it stand out from the rest.:
The Up box features
- It has an enclosed build area like the UP mini 3d printer that help maintain the stability of the print environment, reducing extrusion inconsistencies, both within and across print jobs.
- Compatible with the new UP300 interchangeable extruder heads optimised for different materials, PLA, ABS and TPU print heads are available.
- As with the UP! plus 2 it has fully automated platform calibration. The UPBOX has an integrated levelling probe for automatic platform levelling and nozzle height detection. The result is that the UPBOX Plus can fully calibrate itself without human intervention.
- The UPBOX Plus prints up to 30% faster than the UP plus 2 3d printer.
- New ABS print surface improves model adhesion and so reduces warping when printing large 3D printables.
- The UPBOX Plus software now features enterprise level support generation algorithm is used to produce easily removable support structures. This not only improves the overall quality of the print but it also means that you can use the UPBOX Plus to print complex designs with ease.
- Tiertime, with the UPBOX Plus 3D printer, have also reduced the impact a 3D printer has on your office or classroom. The UPBOX Plus produces very little noise and has a built in air filter that absorbs fumes and minimises odours.
- As with all UP desktop 3D printers is features the powerful UP Software package that is feature rich yet easy to use, suitable for the amateur or the professional.
- The print head is built as a module so that it can be easily replaced
- Variable print resolution from as fine as 0.1mm to up to 0.4mm. This gives great control especially when designing and refining creations. the 0.4mm resolution means you can print quick and dirty to get the measure of a design, the 0.1mm means you can print a refined final version.
- Wifi connectivity means you can connect to your UP Box Plus over your network using the UP Studio Software suite.
- Optional upgrade to allow for use of 1kg as well as 500g Filament spools.
UPBOX Plus 3D printer Resources
Upbox Plus 3D printer specifications
Up Box 3D printer weight & dimensions
- Cube dimensions: 48.5 (w) x 52 (h) x 49.5 (d) cm
- Cube weight: 20kg
The Up Box 3D printer Print properties
- Technology: Melted Extrusion Manufacturing (MEM)
- Print heads: Single extruder (compatible with UP300 ABS, PLA and TPU optimised print heads)
- Maximum creation size: 25.5 x 20.5 x 20.5 cm
- Print surface: Heated, ABS surface
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Layer thickness: 0.10/0.15/0.2/0.25/0.3/0.35/0.4mm
- Untethered printing: Yes
- Platform levelling: Fully automated
- Supports: Smart Support Technology
- Average operational noise: 51.7dB
The Up Box 3D printer Connectivity
- Wired: USB
The Up Box 3D printer Software
- Description: Comes with UP! Studio software
- OS requirements: Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, Mac OS
- File Formats: .STL, .UP3, .UPP