The UP600 3D printer
The UP600 by Tiertime is their new large volume industrial 3D printer. The UP600 has an impressive print volume of 50cm x 40cm x 60cm and utilises Tiertime’s new extruder system, LT (low Temperature) and HT (high temperature) extruders. The UP600 is specifically designed for professional use to produce large parts with a high degree of precision with multiple material options.
This is a high precision 3D printer capable of printing layer heights of only 0.1mm and with a XYZ positional accuracy of 0.007, 0.007, 0.001mm. This coupled with new optimised print heads, and enclosed heated print area and a heated bed you can be sure of a high quality print every time.
Together with Tiertime’s UP Studio 3.0 software provides a 3D printer that can be used for design studios, Universities and Schools that will want to make use of the UP600’s multi-user print functionality and Plug’n play simplicity.
What are the features of UP600?
- Interchangeable Printheads
- Interchangeable Nozzles
- Heated Bed
- Enclosed build area
- Dual Filtration
- Blackout recovery
- Filament runout detector
- USB, LAN, WiFi
Interchangeable print heads and nozzles.
The extruder system for the UP600 can use both a LT and HT printhead. You can still very usefully change the nozzle sizes. The printer comes with the standard LT extruder with a 0.4mm nozzle but you can get 0.2mm, 0.5mm and 0.6mm nozzles as well plus Ruby nozzles and Steel nozzles for those hard wearing materials. We are still waiting for nozzle specifications but the HT is capable of ~300C so you can print with a wide range of materials. The difference between the extruders is slightly self explanatory. The Low temperature extruder is optimised for materials like PLA and TPU whereas the high temperature extruder is for materials like ABS and Nylon.
Tiertime Print Queue
Tiertimes print queue software solution allows multiple users to send 3D prints to the same printer from different devices, either via USB, Wi-Fi or LAN. This makes the UP600 ideal for a busy office of creatives. Your design team no longer need to wait for the printer to finish the current print job to send a new way. This improves efficiency within the office when you have multiple design projects on the go at the same time. It also means that with Universities or schools the printer can be networked and different groups or different students can add their projects to the print queue.
Helping you to integrate your printer into your workflow the UP600 is has LAN connectivity so that you can integrate it into your office network seamlessly. Wifi is great for a small office but it is not a great solution when you want to scale up accessibility. A wired ethernet connection or LAN allows you to add the printer to a secure local network for maximum security. This is especially important if you are wanting to transmit sensitive designs and want to improve security of your IP.
HEPA & Activated Carbon filter
The UP600 uses Tiertimes two-stage HEPA and activated carbon filetr for healthier 3D printing, The filters help to reduce the levels potentially harmful UFP and VOC emmisions.
Flexible build plate
This printer utilises a magnetically attached flexible build plate. It can be removed from the printer and parts can be easily taken off the build plate. This makes printing easy, no laborious print removal stage or prints getting stuck.
The UP600 3D printer specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 78 x 115.20 x 85 cm
- weight: 120 kg
- Technology: FDM printing
- Print jets: LT Single Extruder (included), HT Extruder
- Maximum creation size: 50 x 40 x 60 cm
- Material: 1.75mm Up Fila PLA, UP Fila ABS, UP Fila ABS+, TPU and more (500g -1kg)
- 3rd Party Filaments compatibility: Yes
- Spool Capacity: up to 2kg
- Build platform: Magnetic Composite Plate
- Heated bed Max Temp: 20-80°C
- Enclosed Build Area: Yes (max Temperature 54°C)
- Heated Filament Compartment: Yes ( < 50°C )
- Max Extruder Temperature: 300°C
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.2mm, 0.4mm (included) , 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm, 1mm
- Layer thickness: 0.1/0.15/0.20/0.25/0.30/0.35/0.4mm/ User Defined
- Extruder Maximum Travel Speed: < 200mm/sec
- Print Speed: < 15.6mm/sec
- XYZ Accuracy: 0.007mm/0.007mm/0.001mm
- Printed Object Accuracy: ±0.1mm/100mm
- Filtration: HEPA & Activated carbon filters
- Display: 7′′ Full Colored LCD Screen
- Calibration: Semi-Automatic
- Blackout Recovery: Yes
- Wired: WiFi, LAN, USB, USB stick
- Description: Comes with UP Studio 3.0
- Windows requirements: Win 7 SP1 or later
- Mac OSX requirements: Mac OSX, iOS 8.x/9.x
- Importable file types: .up3, .ups, .stl, .obj, .3mf, .ply, .off, .3ds, .gcode
- Requirements: OpenGL 2.0, > 4GB RAM
- 12 Month warranty