The UP Mini 3 3D printer
The Up Mini 3 is the latest version of Tiertime’s famous Up Mini series. The first thing to notice is that the Mini 3 has a significant build size upgrade. The up mini 3 features a 20cm x 20cm x 20cm build area, large enough for most jobs (whereas the up mini 2es only had a maximum build size of 12cm x 12cm x 12cm).
What are the features of UP Mini 3?
Safety in mind
The main design focus for the Up Mini 3 was to optimise its functionality for use in schools and in the home. With that in mind it has a number of safety features.
- Integrated HEPA and Activated Carbon filtration system. This cleans the air of artifacts from the plastic printing process.
- Enclosed print area. The hot parts of the printer are enclosed in a chamber reducing the likelihood of hands comping into contact with the hot parts of the printer.
- Print pausing. The print is automatically paused both when the door is open and also on filament run out.
True Auto Calibration
The new bed leveling mechanism is based on the concept of load balancing. The calibration does not need human intervention, which is easy to operate and accurate as well.
Tiertime Print Queue
Tiertimes print queue software solution allows multiple users to send 3D prints to the same printer from different devices, either via USB or Wi-Fi . This makes the UP Mini 3 ideal for school classroom use. Your Pupils no longer need to wait for the printer to finish the current print job to send a new way. It also means that with Universities or schools the printer can be networked and different groups or different students can add their projects to the print queue.
HEPA & Activated Carbon filter
For healthier 3D printing, to reduce the levels potentially harmful UFP and VOC emmisions the Up Mini 3 comes with 2 high capacity air filters. The UP Mini 3 has both a HEPA and an activated carbon filter to potential emissions, improving it’s usability in an office environment.
Up Mini 3 Resources
The UP Mini 3 specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 48.7 x 42.3 x 55.5 cm
- weight: 15.0 kg
- Technology: FDM printing
- Extruders: Single extruder, Low temperature extruder included (High temperature extruder ~300°C optional)
- Maximum creation size: 20 x 20 x 20 cm
- Material: 1.75mm Up Fila PLA, UP Fila ABS, UP Fila ABS+, TPU and 3rd Party filaments ( 0.5kg, 1kg or 2kg)
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Build platform: Heated, with UP Perf Glass or UP Glass Flex Print Board
- Heated bed Max Temp: 100°C
- Enclosed Build Area: Yes
- Build platform: Perf Glass or Flex Glass
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.2mm, 0.4mm (included), 0.5mm, 0.6mm
- Layer thickness: 0.01/0.15/0.20/0.25/0.30/0.35m
- Filtration: HEPA & Activated carbon filters
- Display: 4.3′′ Full Colored LCD Screen
- Calibration: Automatic/Manual – True Touch 2.0
- 3rd Party Filaments compatibility: Yes
- Wired: USB
- Network: WiFi
- Description: Comes with UP Studio
- Windows requirements: Win 7 SP1 or later
- Mac OSX requirements: Mac OSX, iOS 8.x or later
- Importable file types: .up3, .ups, .stl, .obj, .3mf, .ply, .off, .3ds, .gcode
- Requirements: OpenGL 2.0, > 4GB RAM
- 12 Month warranty