The UP mini 2 ES 3D printer
The Up Mini 2 ES by Tiertime is the next step in the evolution of their UP Mini range. Like the Up mini 2 the UP Mini 2 ES provides plug’n play 3d printing that gives quality, consistent results at an affordable price.
Tiertime 3D printers are renown for there reliability, high build quality and consistency. They are an ideal workhorse for prototype development and design so that you can concentrate on the creative work and simply just press print! As well as the great quality printing that the Up Mini 2 range affords Tiertime have enhanced its functionality, particularly with respect to work flow and usability, optimising its usability for an office environment where multiple users want access to the printer at the same time.
What are the new features of mini 2 ES ?
14.3 inch Colour LCD screen - improving direct usability
Compatible with Tiertime Print Queue
Built in HEPA and activated Carbon filters - improved health and safety in your 3D printing environment
4.3″ Colour Screen
We’ve updated the user interface for the UP mini 2 ES to improve it’s features and functionality. We have also made it so that it has the ability for us to update it’s features via future firmware upgrades.
With the Mini 2 ES screen you can :
Edit the printer's IP
Store print jobs
Print stored models using the touch screen
Tiertime Print Queue
Tiertimes print queue software solution allows multiple users to send 3D prints to the same printer from different devices, either via USB, Wi-Fi or LAN. This makes the Mini 2 ES ideal for a busy office of creatives. Your design team no longer need to wait for the printer to finish the current print job to send a new way. This improves efficiency within the office when you have multiple design projects on the go at the same time. It also means that with Universities or schools the printer can be networked and different groups or different students can add their projects to the print queue.
Wifi is great for a small office but it is not a great solution when you want to scale up accessibility. A wired ethernet connection or LAN allows you to add the printer to a secure local network for maximum security. This is especially important if you are wanting to transmit sensitive designs and want to improve security of your IP.
HEPA & Activated Carbon filter
One aspect of 3D printing is that some materials like ABS can generate potentially harmful UFP and VOC emmisions. That is why the UP mini 2 ES is designed with a HEPA and activated carbon filter to reduce these effects. Again this improves the usability of their 3D printer in an office environment.
Up Mini 2 ES 3D Printer Resources
The UP Mini 2 ES 3D printer specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 25.5 x 25.5 x 38.5 cm
- weight: 8.0 kg
- Technology: FDM printing
- Print jets: Single extruder
- Maximum creation size: 12 x 12 x 12 cm
- Material: 1.75mm Up Fila PLA, UP Fila ABS, UP Fila ABS+
- Build platform: Heated, with UP Perf or UP Flex Print Board
- Heated bed Max Temp: 70°C
- Enclosed Build Area: Yes
- Max Extruder Temperature: 299°C
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Layer thickness: 0.15/0.20/0.25/0.30/0.35mm
- Extruder Maximum Travel Speed: 150mm/sec
- XYZ Accuracy: 0.002mm/0.002mm/0.002mm
- Printed Object Accuracy: ±0.15mm/100mm
- Filtration: HEPA & Activated carbon filters
- Display: 4.3′′ Full Colored LCD Screen
- Calibration: Automatic Nozzle Height, Assisted Levelling
- 3rd Party Filaments compatibility: Yes
- Wired: WiFi, LAN, USB, USB stick
- Description: Comes with UP Studio
- Windows requirements: Win 7/8/10
- Mac OSX requirements: Mac OSX 10.1
- Importable file types: .up3, .ups, .tsk, .stl, .obj, .3mf, .ply, .off, .3ds, .gcode
- Requirements: OpenGL 2.0, > 4GB RAM
- 12 Month warranty