The Cetus 3D printer
Note: that the Cetus has now been superseded by the Cetus 2.
The Cetus by Tiertime is an elegant 3D printer building kit, made up of 6 easy to assemble modules that once built produces a simple yet high quality desktop 3D printer. This is not like other kits you will see as it is composed of high quality, Tiertime, components. You get a fun, entry level, 3D printer which is extremely versatile, with a high build qualityand that famous Tiertime reliability.
Why the Cetus?
Minimalist, easy to assemble design with high quality components
The Cetus is composed from 6 easy to assemble modules. The body is made from extruded aluminium. The Axis feature high quality, self lubricating, linear rails that will give you hours of maintenance free high precision 3D printing.
The build plate is also made from a 3mm aluminum plate. This ensures a perfectly flat build surface. The build platform is also fixed onto the linear guide directly, there are no moving parts between the slider and the build plate. Therefore the build surface is flat and parallel along the whole length of the X-axis. The Y-axis is carefully calibrated in the factory, so users can start printing right out of the box, and there is no need to level the machine before getting to work!
Large Build Volume
The Cetus may have a small footprint but it boasts a large build volume for its size of 18cm x 18cm x 18cm. his is larger than most comparable printers which are usually limited to less than or equal to 15cm.
Versatile capabilities so your creativity is not limited
The Cetus is capable of printing in wide range of different materials, PLA, flexible filament, Woodfill and more.
It also has 3 different swappable hotends so that you can optimise your 3D printing for either faster printing on simple projects or fine printing where small surface feature printing is required. Use the 0.2mm nozzle when fine detail is required or swap o the 0.6mm nozzle if you want faster printing and XY resolution is not so crucial.
The Cetus 3D printer specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 26 x 26 x 28 cm
- weight: 3.2 kg
- Technology: FDM printing
- Print jets: Single extruder
- Maximum creation size: 18 x 18 x 18 cm
- Filament Diameter: 1.75mm
- Materials: PLA, TPU, PETG, PLA-composites (e.g. Woodfill)
- Build platform: Aluminium with adhesive coating ( heated platform sold separately)
- Enclosed Build Area: No
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.2mm, 0.4mm, 0.6mm
- Layer thickness: 0.05/0.07/0.10/0.15mm/0.20/0.25mm/0.30mm/0.35mm
- Calibration: Support for the True-Touch Calibration probe, measure leveling and nozzle height values in a single process. Level the platform with 9 point matrix leveling (optional)
- 3rd Party Filaments compatibility: Yes
- Wired: WiFi, USB
- Description: Comes with Tiertime UPStudio
- Windows requirements: Win 7 SP1 or later
- Mac OSX requirements: Mac OSX 10.1 or later
- Importable file types: .up3, .ups, .stl, .obj, .3mf, .ply, .off, .3ds
- Requirements: OpenGL 2.0, > 4GB RAM
- 3rd Party software support with TinyFab CPU upgrade: Simplyfy 3D, Cura, Slic3r etc…