The Photocentric LC OPUS DLP 3D printer
Photocentric’s Liquid Crystal OPUS is a high precision, professional grade DLP 3D printer, suited for both engineering & product development as well as dentistry applications. What makes The Opus stand out is its high quality, robust, construction together with its reliable and repeatable high precision performance.
It is extremely easy to use, and is ready to start printing right out of the box having been calibrated in the factory and its simple, intuitive interface.
Photocentric printers also have cheap running costs with some of the cheapest DLP resins on the market. Not only that Photocentric are one of the very few UK 3D printer manufacturers.
Features of the Photocentric LC OPUS DLP 3D printer
Photocentric printers, including the LC Opus, are designed and manufactured in the UK using high quality components throughout. The rugged aluminium construction and solvent resistant paint ensures that the printers is robust and long lasting. Not only does this ensure a long life but it also ensures continued high precision printing.
The Opus is fitted with Trinamic motor drivers enabling smooth operation. This together with the ultra quiet PWN fans ensure your printing experience won’t be too noisy. The PWM fans also provide the cooling for the LCD array allowing the LC Opus to sustainably run at high temperatures.
Tight tolerances of the intensity and wavelength in the manufacture of the LEDs used in the array mean you will have uniformed curing of your print, making each repeat print have that same level of precision over it’s entire body.
Precision 3D printing
The first thing to note is that the Opus has a a larger print volume than most standard SLA 3d printers at 31 x 17.4 x 22 cm volume. Not only does this mean you can print larger parts but also, more importantly, more parts in the same print run so that you can reduce your time for development or production. In fact the Opus is a fast printer without the advantage of printing multiple models at the same time. It has a Cure speed of 2 seconds per layer at 50μm and a print speed of 18mm per hour making it one of the fastest printers out there in it’s class.
This above practical advantages combined with the Opus’s precision is what makes it an extremely powerful and versatile machine. It has a XY resolution of just 81μm and a layer height down to 25μm, making the most of SLA technology’s ability to print fine detail. So if you need to make objects with a great surface finish and fine surface detail the Opus can perform.
The Opus is a plug’n play 3D printer. It is very easy to use with it’s intuitive Studio software making the Opus suitable for both the experienced and novice user.
The platforms are interchangeable, without the need to re-calibrate in between switching. It also utilises Photocentric’s patented Vat-Lift patented peel-release technology. The Vat itself is doubled sealed, we don’t want those leaks, with practical carrying handles and a pouring spout.
LC Opus Resins
The Opus uses Photocentrics DLP resins, their specialist dental resins as well as 3rd party resins. Specifically the OPUS is compatible with:
- DLP Castable
- DLP High Tensile
- UV80 durable resin
- DLP Hard
- Dental Model
- BASF ST45B
- BASF EL150
- BASF RG35
- BASF RG50
- BASF ST80
- BASF FL300
LC Opus 3D Printer Resources
LC Opus specifications
- Technology: DLP
- Maximum creation size: 31 x 17.4 x 22 cm
- Compatible material: Dental resins, UV DLP, 3rd party
- Wavelength: 405nm
- LCD specifications: 14″ ( 3840 x 2160px) monochrome 4K
- Light Output Intensity: 5mW/cm2
- Light Output Wavelength: 410nm
- X/Y pixel density: 314.7 PPI
- XY Resolution: 81μm
- Layer thickness: 0.025, 0.05mm, 0.1mm (Layer thickness of >100μm is dependent upon resin properties)
- Cure Speed @ 0.05mm: 2 sec/layer (dependent upon resin)
- Print Speed: 18mm per/hr
- Touchscreen: 7″
- Paltform: Aluminium with Teflon Coating
- VAT: Photocentric’s patented peel release technology – ‘Vat-Lift’
- resin fill system: Manual
- Weight: 38kg
- Dimensions: 41.5cm x 47.5cm x 60.5cm
- Wired:USB 3.0, Ethernet, WiFi
- Description: Photocentric Studio (Free Perpetual License)
- File Types: STL, .OBJ & .AMF
- OS: Windows (not compatible with Mac or Linux), 2GB+ Ram, Dual Core Processor or above.
- System requirements: 2.0 Ghz Dual core processor or above, 2GB+ RAM, spare display port connection, to run at maximum printer resolution requires a 4K video card, OpenGL 3.0
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturers warranty