The Photocentric Liquid Crystal Magna stereolithographic (SLA) 3D printer
Photocentric’s Liquid Crystal Magna is a large volume SLA 3D printer that uses Photocentric Daylight resin so you can make large, high resolution 3D prints at the fraction of the cost of other UV based SLA 3D printers. The LQ Magna has an impressive build volume of 51cm x 28cm x 35cm. A larger build volume doesn’t just mean 3D printing large objects it also means printing lots of smaller objects at the same time so you can speed up your 3D printing workflow.
Photocentric 3D printers use Daylight resin that cures using LCD light rather than laser light. This means that you can have all the quality of an SLA 3D printer with half the cost. Stereolithographic printers use light to cure resin in layers building up a 3D design, they have a greater resolution that traditional FDM 3D printers and are better suited for fine work.
Features of the Photocentric LQ Magna LCD DLP 3D printer
The LQ pro features an 4K ultra high definition LCD panel that uses a 23.8″ display that has a 3840 x 2160 pixel resolution. The XY pixel size of 137µm gives high precision for fine detailed and accurate model creation, fantastic for designers and the development of products of small size where attention to detail is a prime requisite. Due to Anti-aliasing its scanned accuracy is +/- 100 microns. DLP printers tend to be faster than traditional laser SLA printers as the whole layer is exposed to light at the same time.
At an impressive 51cm x 28cm x 35cm the Liquid Crystal Magna means you can print very big SLA 3D prints. We think it is the biggest SLA 3D printer in its class and there are not many alternatives SLA 3D printers that can offer such high precision large build volume 3D printing.
Quick release Vat clamps make it easy to lock the resin vat in place. The Vat itself has build in handles and pouring spouts with an etched depth gauge. Making it easier than ever to load your resin, move it around and judge the level of resin that you are loading.
The Magna also features a patented Blow-peel technology that all but eliminates the forces that occur with large format SLA’s. It has been stress tested to the most demanding sloid builds of 15KG!
Photocentric Liquid Crystal Magna resins
The liquid Crystal Pro can use the full range of Photocentric Daylight Pro resins.
Photocentric’s Daylight resin give one of the lowest cost 3D printer resin solutions at around half the price of conventional resins. Daylight resins also come with a range of different material properties to suite any need, from hard to flexible great for designers that want to 3D print castable jewellery items, industrial engineers or dental practitioners. All resin is water washable so that there is no need for the use of alcohol in post processing.
The Liquid crystal Magna uses daylight resins that are currently available in High Tensile, Hard, Dental Model, Concept formulations.
So no matter what the job their is a resin that can fit its needs.
LC Magna 3D Printer Resources
Liquid Crystal Magna specifications
- Technology: DLP
- Maximum creation size: 51 x 28 x 35 cm
- Compatible material: Daylight Magna Photopolymer Resin
- LCD specifications: 23.8″ 3840 x 2160 pixels
- X/Y pixel density: 0.137mm
- Layer thickness: 0.025, 0.05mm, 0.1mm, 0.2mm
- Cure Speed @ 0.1mm: 3-8 sec/layer (dependent upon resin)
- Print Speed: 13.3mm per/hr
- Touchscreen: 7″ (800px x 480px)
- Paltform: Aluminium with Teflon Coating
- VAT: New Re-skin technology, lighter with spout
- resin fill system: Manual
- Weight: 110kg
- Dimensions: 85cm x 64cm x 90cm
- Wired:Stand-alone, USB, Ethernet, WiFi
- Description: Photocentric Studio (Perpetual License for 2 devices)
- File Types: STL, .OBJ & .AMF
- OS: Windows (not compatible with Mac or Linux), 2GB+ Ram, Dual Core Processor or above.
- System requirements: 2.0 Ghz Dual core processor or above, 2GB+ RAM, spare display port connection, to run at maximum printer resolution requires a 4K video card, OpenGL 3.0
- Warranty: 2 year manufacturers warranty