Its 100micron (0.1mm) layer resolution and large build volume of 25 x 16 x 15 cm means that you have the versatility to produce large and detail 3D prints. The large build volume means that you can print multiple parts at one time for multi-component projects, saving you time. You also have a choice of 3 layer resolutions (0.1 / 0.27 / 0.34mm) meaning that you can produce quick and dirty first runs for that prototype development.
This is a robust machine built with a powder coated chassis that gives it industrial strength and makes it more resistant to environmental temperature and humidity effects that can distort the 3D printers chassis. The Makerbot Replicator 2x has proved itself time and time again as a great desktop 3D printer for what ever your need, rapid prototyping, hobbyist build projects.
The advantage of dual extruders is that you can print using different materials, for instance you can print in ABS and use PLA filament as support material. Alternatively you can 3D print in multiple colours. Filament loading is also easy with Makerbot Replicator 2x’s easy-load lever to make adding a filament spool a bit like flipping a switch.
This desktop 3d printer comes with all the great reputation of the replicator 2 but with bells’an whistles!
Makerbot Replicator 2x specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 49 x 42 x 53.1cm
- weight: 12.6kg
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: Dual extruder
- Maximum creation size: 25 x 16 x 15 cm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm
- Compatible material: PLA & ABS
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Print surface: heated
- Enclosed build chamber: Yes
- Layer thickness: 0.1 / 0.27 / 0.34mm
- Positioning precision: XY – 0.011mm; Z – 0.0025mm
- Untethered printing: Yes
- Wired: USB, SD card
- Description: MakerWare
- File Types: STL, OBJ, THING, MAKERBOT
- System Requirments: Windows (XP 32bit/ 7+); Ubuntu Linux (10.4+); Mac OS X (10.7/10.8)
- 1 year Warranty