The Makerbot Method is the first performance 3D printer. Designed to bridge the gap between industrial and desktop 3D printing.
Key Benefits of the Makerbot Method
Industrial Reliability and Precision – Accurately match your dimensions from design to prototype.
- Vertical Layer uniformity provides smooth surfaces
- Dimensional Accuracy of ± 0.2 mm
- Tight cylindricity tolerance
- Pristine, environmentally controlled PVA
- Produce complex overhangs without scarring
Fast CAD to Part production workflow – Up to 2x faster when compared to common desktop 3D printers using the same print settings with a seamless printing workflow.
Maximum innovation with minimal investment – The Method is about 1/3 the first year cost of ownership of an entry level industrial 3D printer. Its reliability and fast work flow reduces time costs and print failure costs.
Key Features of the Method
Ultra Rigid Metal Frame Construction
A structurally optimised metal frame runs the full length of the body to offset flexing. Less flexing means more consistent prints with better part accuracy and fewer failures.
Circulating Heated Chamber
Control the temperature and quality of every layer—not just the first. While heated build plates are effective at reducing warping, Method takes this further with full active heat immersion during the entire duration of the print.
Dual Performance Extruders
The Dual Performance Extruder system is built from the ground up to accelerate print times and produce precise parts.
Dry-Sealed Material Bay
Dry-Sealed Material Bays form a near-perfect seal to keep material free of damaging humidity. A suite of built-in sensors provides that your material is stored in its optimal environment—a feature previously only available in industrial 3D printers.
Dissolvable Support System
Superior surface finish and unrestricted geometric freedom are paramount to delivering high quality printed parts. MakerBot’s Precision Dissolving PVA enables fast and easy support removal without compromising part design or dimensional accuracy. Precision Dissolving PVA provides two key benefits:
- Unrestricted geometric freedom (large overhangs, cavities, etc…)
- Superior print quality and surface finish
The Method specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions (LxDxH): 43.7 x 41.3 x 64.9cm
- weight: 29.5kg
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: Dual Extruder
- Maximum creation size (LxDxH): 19 x 19 x 19.6 cm (single extruder), 15.2 x 19 x 19.6 cm (dual extruder)
- Compatible material: Smart Spool PLA, Tough PLA, PVA, PETG
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm
- Print area: heated (max: 60º C)
- Enclosed build chamber: Yes, circulating heated chamber
- Layer thickness: up to 0.02mm – 0.4mm
- Dimensional Accuracy: ± 0.2 mm
- Untethered printing: Yes
- Camera Resolution: 640 x 480 pixels
- Wired: USB drive, USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi
- Makerbot Print, Makerbot Mobile
- Operating system:Windows (7+, 10), Mac OS X (10.9+)
- File Types: STL, .SLDPRT, .SLDASM, .OBJ, .IPT, .IAM, .IGES, .IGS, .STEP, .STP, .CATPart, .CATProduct, .PRT, .PAR, .ASM, .WRL, .X_T, .X_B, .MAKERBOT
- 1 year Warranty