The latest 3D scanner offering from 3D systems the iSense is a 3D scanner that integrates with your iPhone 6, 6s, 6+ or 6s+. The iSense is incredibly portable, you can take it anywhere you can take your iPhone and make 3D models to 3D print later or to upload for Cubify Cloud printing.
With the iSense all you have to do is attach your iSense to your iPhone and walk around the object that you wish to 3D print, it is entirely mobile.
The iSense will transform your iPhone into a mobile physical photography camera. You can capture an object as small as a shoe to as large as an SUV and make instant 3D printable models. The iSense 3D scanner is compatible with the iPhone 6, 6s, 6+ and 6s+ as well as the iPad Air, Mini (with retina display) and the 4th generation iPad with retina display.
Cubify’s Sense 3D scanner allows you to create your own 3D model files from anything that you wish to scan so that you can create your own 3D printed objects. The Sense 3D scanner is extremely versatile. Its hand held which means that you can scan objects easily and from different angles. The scan range as auto-optimised settings for different sized objects (small, medium and large) and has automatic object recognition so that you can target the object that you want to scan from busy backgrounds.
The iSense’s automatic object recognition extracts precise targets from the busiest of backgrounds allowing you to target what you want to 3D print.
The iSense is powered by 3D system’s powerful Sense software that allows for your scans to be fully integrated with Cubify.com and your Cube 3D printer, the Sense allows scans to upload directly for 3D printing, either at home or through the cloud.
Here is 3D system’s own promotional iSense video:
Supported operating systems
- Mac OS 7 or later
- Scan volume – Min: 0.2m x 0.2m x 0.2m, Max: 3m x 3m x 3m
- Depth image size: 640(w) x 4800(h) px
- Color Image Size: 320(w) x 240(h) px
- Depth resolution @ 0.5m: 1mm
- Spatial x/y resolution @ 0.5m: 0.9mm
- Field of view – Horizontal: 45°, Vertical: 58°
- Operating range – Min: 0.4m, Max: 3.5m
- Battery life: 3-4 hours of active scanning 1000+ on standby
- Maximal Image Throughput: 30 fps
- Supported devices: iPad 4th generation, iPad Air, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 6 & iPhone 6+
- Description:1 Year