Firstly, it offers a print resolution of 0.02mm (20 microns). The Robox has the option to add another extruder, the dual extrusion extension will be available to buy in the coming months. Also it has twin nozzles using the QuickFill Dual Nozzle TechnologyTM, so that you can print with either a 0.3 or 0.8mm nozzle diameter, giving that extra versatility and control over your extrusion process. The head is designed in such away as to make for the easy replacement of the tool head, so watch this space for additional head tool options which I am sure will be coming in the future.
In order to ensure extrusion consistency the Robox 3D printer uses an enclosed build area and it also comes with a heated ‘TapeLess’ High Performance PEI bed to help with the printing of ABS filament, reducing the warping of your 3D printable.
This is a plug’n play 3D printer with a 2 minute fast heat-up time, its easy to set up and make your 3D models using its own Automaker™ Software. The printer also has auto Z height calibration and automatic material recognition through its SmartReelTM system that gives instant loading.
The Robox uses SmartReelTM filament spools which are fitted with an eprom that stores data on the material on the spool and statistics of use.
If you want a good look at the Robox 3D printer and watch an interview with the team that designed it then take a look at this video:
Robox 3D printer specifications
In the box
- 1 x RBX1 Robox® 3D printer
- 1 x Dual Nozzle Head
- 1 x Filament reel 240 metres
- 1 x 1GB USB stick
- 1 x USB cable
- 1 x Power cable
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 37 x 34 x 24cm
- weight: 8.3kg
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: Single extruder can be upgraded to Dual extruder
- Maximum creation size: 21 x 15 x 10 cm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.3mm and 0.8mm
- Compatible material: PLA, ABS, HIPS Nylon, PC, PVA
- Filament diamter: 1.75mm
- Print surface: Heated ‘TapeLess’ High Performance PEI Bed Material
- Enclosed build chamber: Yes
- Maximum print bed temperature: 150°C
- Maximum extrusion temperature: 300°C
- Layer thickness: 0.02 / 0.1 / 0.2 / 0.3mm
- Untethered printing: Yes
- Wired: USB, microSD
- Description: Comes with Robox® AutoMaker™
- OS requirements: Windows (7, 8), Mac OS x (10.6 x64/10.7+), Ubuntu Linux (12.04+; Linux currently requires proprietary Nvidia graphics drivers)
- File Formats: .stl, .obj, .robox
- 2 year Warranty