How can the Sigmax increase production?
Making the most of the IDEX and its large build volume of 42 x 29.7 x 21 cm the Sigmax has two highly productive printing modes: Duplication mode allows you to print the same model simultaneously on each extruder, having your print time for printing multiple models; Mirror Mode can print a model and its mirror image at the same time, great for printing left and right hand versions of the same model at the same time.
Additional Sigmax 3D printer features
So additional to the Sigmax big size and enhanced production modes it also comes with the highly versatile IDEX extruder system and its associated family of hotends. Having a dual extruder means that you can not only print in multiple colours in the same print but, more importantly you can print with multiple materials. This comes into its own when you wish to print complex shapes that require using a solid support material like PVA, HIPS or a break-away support filament.
Avoid geometric limitations and print the most challenging parts thanks to solid support materials.
The BCN3D’s IDEX system is a series of swappable hotends with different nozzle diameters and nozzle characteristics. This means you can select the right hotend for the job, saving both time and money, making your 3D printing workflow more efficient. For example you can print your perimeters with a 0.3mm hotend and the infill with a 0.8mm hotend, or, print your model with 0.8mm and detailed PVA supports with 0.4mm.
BCN3D Sigma IDEX hotends come in:
- 0.4mm (Standard)
- 0.5mm (Hardened Stainless Steel, great for carbon fibre filaments like ColorFabb XTCF20)
Print up to three times faster without giving up quality: finer outlines and coarser infills.
With the IDEX full metal hotends the Sigmax can print any material you need to fit your requirements, from common PLA to the most advanced technical plastics like Nylon or PC, independent of the filament manufacturer.
The Sigmax has a top grade build quality. The dual extruders feature Bondtech high tech dual gears for more control, sharper detail and fantastic performance irrespective of the material used.
As an Open Source project, we share all the designs, manufacturing processes and quality protocols with the Community to speed up the evolution of 3D Printing.
Sigmax dual extrusion 3D Printer Resources
BCN3D Sigmax specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 67.5 x 44 x 68 cm (including cables)
- weight: 18kg (without filament spool)
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: Dual independent Extruder
- Maximum creation size: 42 x 29.7 x 21 cm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm (standard) & 0.2mm, 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm, 1.0mm
- Compatible material: PLA, ABS, PVA, TPU, Nylon, HIPS, Specials
- Filament diameter: 2.85mm
- Max Printing temperature: 290°C
- Heated Print surface: yes (max. temp 100°C)
- Enclosed build chamber: with optional Sigmax Enclosure
- Positioning Resolution (x/y/z): 12.5 µm (0.0125mm) / 12.5 µm (0.0125mm) / 1 µm (0.001mm)
- Layer thickness: 0.05 – 0.5mm (depending upon nozzle diameter)
- Wired: SD card & USB
- Description: Cura-BCN3D, Simplify 3D, Slic3r
- File Types: STL, .OBJ, .AMF
- System Requirements: Windows, Mac or Linux