The D25 has been designed for professionals. The with its IDEX system, multiple print mode options, large build size and hassle-free workflow it is designed to allow you to speedily manage any design or build project from start to finish.
Sigma D25 features
Independent dual extruder technology (IDEX system)
The advantages of a dual extruder are not limited to simply printing in 2 different colours on the same model. The great advantage of Independent extruders is that you can print multiple versions of the same model at the same time.
- Duplication Mode – Print identical models simultaneously. You can double up the number of models you print at the same time, halving your print time.
- Mirror Mode – Print left and right hand versions of an object at the same time
- Soluble support Mode – If you have a complex model you can use a soluble infill material on one head to add washable support structures to your print
- Multimaterial Mode – Combine different material properties within the same print, add flexible sections for example by using a TPU filament
Professional grade extruders
The D25 utilises hotends optimised by e3D and are powered by Bondtech extruders. BCN3D partnered with e3D to utilise their know how in the design and development of high performance hotends to produce the range of sigma e3D hotends. The new e3D hotends are also backward compatible with the previous version of the Sigma. With the Sigma full metal hotends you can print any material you need to fit your requirements, from common PLA to the most advanced technical plastics like Nylon or PC, independent of the filament manufacturer.
The Extruder drive system features BondTech dual drive technology to give greater control and superior performance of the extrusion process. The extruder is made with a aluminum CNC machined body and hardened steel drive gears powered by Bondtech. It provides an incredible grip thanks to its high-tech dual drive gears that have proved to be the best feeding extrusion system, getting rid of grinding issues, no matter the filament used.
The Sigma also features a filament run out sensor to helping you manage your printing.
IDEX swappable Hotends
The IDEX system uses a series of swappable hotends with different nozzle diameters and nozzle characteristics. This means you can select the right hotend for the job, saving both time and money, making your 3D printing workflow more efficient. For example you can print your perimeters with a 0.3mm hotend and the infill with a 0.8mm hotend, or, print your model with 0.8mm and detailed PVA supports with 0.4mm. Print up to three times faster without giving up quality: finer outlines and coarser infills.
BCN3D Sigma IDEX hotends come in:
0.5mm - Hardened Stainless Steel, ideal for carbon fibre filament like ColorFabb XT CF-20
BCN3D hotends are available as either the Idex Hotend Family Pack or buy your BCNozzle Hotend separately. Or follow the link for a full listing of our BCN3D 3D printer products.
The aluminium heated build plate with its silicone thermal pad help to distribute heat evenly throughout the print chamber, reducing environmental fluctuations that can lead to warping and reduced print quality.
The firmware algorithm used to for automatic bed leveling have also been refined to improve the accuracy of the level adjustment making bed leveling even more precise.
In general BCN3D machines are well known for their build quality, which is why they are such a work-horse of the 3D printing world. The D25 features a number of enhancements on it’s predecessors. It has had the extrusion system repositioned to the rear of the printer to improve heat dissipation. Both the X and Z axis have been reinforced. The X axis is now made from Stainless steel.
It is of a strong robust design that helps to reduce both the effects of vibration on the print quality and also reduces noise.
Sigma dual extrusion 3D Printer Resources
BCN3D Sigma specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 69 x 53 x 55 cm (including cables)
- weight: 30kg (without filament spool)
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: IDEX Dual Extruder
- Extruder: Bondtech with E3D hotends
- Print Modes: Single, Duplication mode, Mirror Mode, Multi-material Mode, Soluble Support Mode
- Maximum creation size: 42 x 30 x 20 cm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm (standard) & 0.3mm, 0.5mm, 0.6mm, 0.8mm, 1.0mm
- Compatible material: PLA, ABS, PVA, TPU, HIPS, Specials
- Filament diameter: 2.85mm
- Max Printing temperature: 300°C
- Heated Print surface: yes (max. temp 80°C)
- Positioning Resolution (x/y/z): 12.5 µm (0.0125mm) / 12.5 µm (0.0125mm) / 1 µm (0.001mm)
- Layer thickness: 0.05 – 0.5mm (depending upon nozzle diameter)
- Touch Screen: 5″ full colour
- Wired: SD card also WiFi, Ethernet (through BCN3D Cloud)
- Description: Cura-BCN3D
- File Types: STL, .OBJ, .AMF, .3MF
- System Requirements: Windows, Mac or Liinux
- 1 year Manufacturers Warranty