Cubify Sculpt™ by 3D Systems is a 3D design programme based on virtual clay, that is to say ou start with either a box, sphere or cylinder of clay and mold it to your design using push and pull sculpting tools. Then when you have finished your overall shaping of your three dimensional design you can enhance your 3D model by adding texture, patterns and colour.
Sculpt 3D modelling software can import your .STL, .OBJ, .PLY, .CLY and other mesh file formats and export your finished 3D designs in .STL, .OBJ, .PLY, .CLY, .ZPC formats so you can share your 3D printable models.
Sculpt is best for making 3D models that have freeform shapes; and unique details. With the sculpting tools, you can create anything you could with clay in your hands so perhaps get your lay-ceramic printer filament out and give it a try.
So why should you buy Cubify Sculpt? The Cube software that comes with your 2nd generation Cube or Cube 3 doesn’t let you design things, but instead allows you to load existing 3D models files, turning them into instructions for your Cube 3D printer, Cubify Sculpt lets you design your own 3D models. Just think how powerful it can be when you also get your hands on a 3D scanner like the Sense or iSense. See what you like, make what you see.
If you want more control over your creations then we would suggest you take a look at Cubify Design, the most powerful tool in 3D systems 3D modelling software suite.
Supported operating systems
- Windows® XP SP3 Professional Edition or Home Edition
- Windows® Vista (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows® 7 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Windows® 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Intel Pentium or equivalent processor: 2 GHz or faster
- RAM: 2 GB
- 1280 x 1024 minimum screen resolution
- 512 MB or higher video card with OpenGL 2.1 or later
- Color: 32-bit
- 4GB available hard disk space
- Mouse or pointing device
- Internet Explorer 6.0 or later
- NET Framework 4.0
- OpenGL 2.1 or later
- Minimum: 56.6 kbps
- Recommended: DSL, cable modem, T1 or faster