The Cel Robox Dual material 3D printer is the dual extruder version of the highly popular Robox 3D printer. This British designed 3D printing platform can 3D print in 2 materials or two filament colours at the same time.
The great advantage of a dual extruder 3D printer is that you can print more complex parts by using one of the extruders to print the support material for your structure, support that can be easily removed or washed away. Design engineers can print prototype injection mould designs on their desktop without the need to modify the design.
2 HeadLock compatible heads are included in this package that provide improved detail, higher speeds and model strength and now multiple materials in a single print. The Cel Robox Dual Material 3D printer comes with both the new Dual Material Head and the spectacular QuickFill Head, that has won Robox so much praise.
Cel Robox Dual Material 3D printer features
Firstly, the Robox Dual Material 3D printer offers a print resolution of 0.02mm (20 microns). Also, in addition to the Dual material head it comes with the twin nozzle printhead using the QuickFill Dual Nozzle TechnologyTM, so that you can print with either a 0.3 or 0.8mm nozzle diameter, giving that extra versatility and control over your extrusion process. Robox print heads use a needle valve that can close to prevent oozing and stringing that can typically occur with other extruder set-ups. The Robox Dual MAterial head is of an all metal construction for reliability and uses a 0.4mm nozzle.
The head is designed to make it easy to replace the tool head with simple one-handed operation. The head type is then automatically recognised. It is designed to be future upgradeable for new print head functionality.
The Robox uses SmartReelTM filament spools that are fitted with an eprom that stores data on the material on the spool and statistics of use. Changing materials during a print is easy, all you have to do during a print is select: Close>Change>Open>Extrude.
In order to ensure extrusion consistency the Robox 3D printer uses an enclosed build area and it also comes with a heated ‘TapeLess’ High Performance PEI bed to help with the printing of ABS filament, reducing the warping of your 3D printable. Having an enclosed build area with Cel-Robox’s innovative SafeLock system also means that small hands are protected from the hot parts, making it a great choice for the home & school.
This is a plug’n play 3D printer with a 2 minute fast heat-up time, its easy to set up and print your 3D models using its own Automaker™ Software. The printer also has auto Z height calibration and automatic material recognition through its SmartReelTM system that gives instant loading.
Robox Dual Material 3D printer specifications
In the box
- RBX02 Robox® 3D printer
- Dual Nozzle Head (RBX01-S2)
- Dual Material Head (RBX01-DM)
- SmartReel (~120m) of Robox Orange PLA
- SmartReel (~120m) of PolySupport
- 1GB USB stick
- USB cable
- Power cable
- Set of 4 Cleanup Tools
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 37 x 34 x 24cm
- weight: 8.3kg
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: Single extruder & Dual extruder
- Maximum creation size: 21 x 15 x 10 cm
- Nozzle diameter: Dual head – 0.4mm, QuickFill head – 0.3mm and 0.8mm
- Compatible material: PLA, ABS, HIPS Nylon, PC, PVA
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Print surface: Heated ‘TapeLess’ High Performance PEI Bed Material
- Enclosed build chamber: Yes
- Maximum print bed temperature: 150°C
- Maximum extrusion temperature: 300°C
- Layer thickness: 0.02 / 0.1 / 0.2 / 0.3mm
- Untethered printing: Yes
- Wired: USB, microSD
- Description: Comes with Robox® AutoMaker™
- OS requirements: Windows (7, 8), Mac OS x (10.6 x64/10.7+), Ubuntu Linux (12.04+; Linux currently requires proprietary Nvidia graphics drivers)
- File Formats: .stl, .obj, .robox