The 2014 Printrbot simple metal is an improvement upon the Printrbot simple’s design. It allows for larger prints with its 15x15x15cm build volume and can print at faster speeds of 80mm/sec. It is build from an all metal design so is a lot stronger and of a more rigid construction than its counter part the Printrbot simple. It is still built with the printr bots great design and its high end components, including GT2 pulleys and belts.
This is a feature rich budget desktop printer that is extremely popular.
The Printrbot simple metal won Make 3D’s Thin Wallet award for 2015.
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 40.7 x 30.5 x 40.7cm
- weight: 7.25kg
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: Single Alu (direct drive) extruder with Ubis hot end
- Maximum creation size: 15 x 15 x 15 cm
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm but additional nozzles of 0.2mm, 0.75mm and 1mm can be fitted to this hot end.
- Compatible material: PLA
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Print surface: Not heated
- Enclosed build chamber: No
- Layer thickness: 0.1mm
- Print speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Untethered printing: Yes
- Auto levelling: Auto-Levelling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height
- Construction: 62.5mm laser cut birch wood with 8mm diameter linear shafts
- Belt & Pulleys: GT2 and 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminium
- Stepper Motors: NEMA 17
- Wired: USB, microSD
- Description: No software provided, Printrbot recommends Cura and/or Repetier, both are free to download