This is the pre-assembled version of the PrintrBot Metal Plus, it comes with all its great design but with the added advantage of a heated bed so that printing with ABS becomes viable. The pre-assembled PrintrBot metal plus comes in two versions, a single or dual extruder option.
The Printrbot Plus is built from sturdy powder-coated metal and machined aluminium. It has the largest build volume of the Printrbot desktop 3D printer range at 25.4×25.4×25.4cm. This is large in comparison to many desktop printers.
The print bed only moves along one axis, reducing vibration during printing; The extruder head moves in both the X and Z planes. Linear rails and carts for stability and smooth movement of the print head and bed. The GT2 belt and aluminum pulley system facilitates precise movement of the print head and bed. The Mic 6 aluminum bed is extremely flat and works with an Auto-Leveling Probe with the user-chosen software to calibrate the height of the print head. The Plus comes with a 1.75mm Ceramic Ubis Hot End. The NEMA 17 stepper motors meet the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standard ICS 16-2001.
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 40.7 x 15.3 x 40.7cm
- weight: 9.1kg
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: Single or Dual Alu (direct drive) extruder with ceramic Ubis hot end
- Maximum creation size: 25.4 x 25.4 x 25.4 cm
- Nozzle diameter: 04mm
- Compatible material: PLA
- Nozzle Diameter: 0.4mm but additional nozzles of 0.2mm, 0.75mm and 1mm can be fitted to this hot end.
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Print surface: heated
- Enclosed build chamber: No
- Layer thickness: 0.1mm
- Print speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Untethered printing: Yes
- Auto levelling: Auto-Levelling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height
- Construction: powder coated steel and aluminium body
- Belt & Pulleys: GT2 and 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminium
- Stepper Motors: NEMA 17
- Fan Shroud: Click here to download the printable file.
- Power Supply: 12V 350W ATX power supply (included)
- Wired: USB, microSD
- Description: No software provided, Printrbot recommends Cura and/or Repetier, both are free to download