The Makerbot Replicator 2 is one of the most popular desktop 3D printers around. It has a reputation as a great 3D printing work horse; its reliable, robust and fast.
Its 100micron (0.1mm) layer resolution and large build volume of 28.5 x 15.3 x 15.5 cm means that you have the versatility to produce large and detail 3D prints. The large build volume means that you can print multiple parts at one time for multi-component projects, saving you time. You also have a choice of 3 layer resolutions (0.1 / 0.27 / 0.34mm) meaning that you can produce quick and dirty first runs for that prototype development.
This is a robust machine built with a powder coated chassis that gives it industrial strength and makes it more resistant to environmental temperature and humidity effects that can distort the 3D printers chassis.Th Makerbot Replicator 2 has proved itself time and time again as a great desktop 3D printer for what ever your need, rapid prototyping, hobbyist build projects.
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 49 x 42 x 38.0cm
- weight: 11.5kg
- Technology: FDM
- Print heads: Single Smart Extruder
- Maximum creation size: 28.5 x 15.3 x 15.5 cm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm
- Compatible material: PLA
- Filament diameter: 1.75mm
- Print surface: Not heated
- Enclosed build chamber: No
- Layer thickness: 0.1 / 0.27 / 0.34mm
- Positioning precision: XY – 0.011mm; Z – 0.0025mm
- Untethered printing: Yes
- Wired: USB, SD card
- Description: MakerWare
- File Types: STL, OBJ, THING, MAKERBOT
- System Requirments: Windows (XP 32bit/ 7+); Ubuntu Linux (10.4+); Mac OS X (10.7/10.8)
- 1 year Warranty