XYZprinting’s Flexible Thermoplastic Elastomer is a speciality filament with elastic properties to produce flexible and durable prints. It is non-toxic and completely waterproof, making this a safe and resilient filament for innovative projects and functional prints, designed to give you hours of consistent 3D printing.
For information on the qualities of the different materials available please see our guide to 3D printer filament materials.
How to print with Da Vinci Flexible filament
Please make sure to have the latest firmware and software installed on your printer and XYZware.
1. Since the Flexible Filament is soft, it heats up at a much lower temperature, which may cause a problem with used extruders. If there is leftover residue on the printer’s extruder, the Flexible Filament will either blend with it, or be obstructed by it. Before printing, it is recommended that another separate extruder for Flexible Filament use only should be prepared. Cleaning the current extruder may work as well, but it is not guaranteed that the filament will not be obstructed.
2. For the optimal printing experience, load the Flexible Filament right before printing. Prepare the desired print in advance and insert the Flexible Filament into the guide tube until the material has reached the drive gear, grasp the release arm, and push the filament downward slightly (about 1 to 2 cm). Once it is insert it, let go of the release arm and run “LOAD FILAMENT.”
3. To make it easier for the printer, it is best if the filament is loosened a few meters out of the cartridge. Since the filament is flexible, this method will prevent the motor from struggling to pull the filament, which will cause it to bend. If the filament bends, it can lead to a clog. Once the filament is loosened, do not attempt to put it back in the spool, for it can cause the filament in the spool to get stuck.
4. Lastly, apply UHU glue stick (yellow tube) on the print bed before printing for better adhesion. Once your print is complete, be sure to remove the Flexible Filament immediately and repeat #2 when you’re ready to print again.
Da Vinci Flexible Filament Cartridge specifications
- Material: TPE
- Code: RFTPEXEU00B
- Diameter: 1.75mm
- Weight: 500g
- Recommended Temperature: 235C
- Glass Temperature: 70C
- Compatible Printers: DaVinci 1.0A, Da Vinci 2.0 & the Da Vinci 1.0AiO