Water soluble PVA filament is the ideal support material to enable you to print complex 3D models. It is a low temperature printing material that is used on dual extruder machines, print with PLA and PVA and then remove the PVA by washing in water.
For information on the qualities of the different materials available please see our guide to 3D printer filament materials.
How to print with Da Vinci PVA filament
When printing is complete, immerse your object in clean water below 50° C (104° F) for 4-8 hours to completely dissolve the Water-soluble filament. Don’t waste time taking off your supports! Water-soluble filament is a perfect support material for complex PLA prints. You can add a little baking soda to your water bath to speed up the cleaning process.
Note: please take extra care when storing material. Moistening of water soluble filament will cause the filament to expand and loosen, rendering your filament unsuitable for printing. Moisture-proof boxes and desiccants are the perfect tools to keep your Water Soluble Filament in tip-top condition.
- 1. A separate extruder (SN: RS10XXY151B) is needed before installing the Water-soluble filament. An extruder with ABS filament residue may cause the Water-soluble filament to clog. Conversely, an extruder with Water-soluble filament residue may cause ABS filament installed to clog as well.
- 2. XYZprinting Water-soluble filament can only be used with PLA (do NOT attempt to use with ABS).
- 3. The Water-soluble filament absorbs water fairly quickly, so it must be stored in low-moisture environments (Moisture 30％ RH) in order to improve its longevity.
- 4. To increase the success rate of loading the filament, please insert the Water-soluble filament into the guide tube until the material has reached the drive gear, grasp the release arm, and push the filament downward slightly (about 1 to 2 cm). Once it is inserted, let go of the release arm and run “LOAD FILAMENT.”
Da Vinci PVA Filament Cartridge specifications
- Material: PVA
- Code: RFPVAXEU00D
- Diameter: 1.65mm
- Weight: 600g
- Recommended Temperature: 190C
- Glass Temperature: 45C
- Compatible Printers: Da Vinci 2.0