Natural Transparent PMMA filament from iDig3Dprinting is made from polymethyl methacrylate. It is ideal for producing strong, but lightweight, transparent parts. PMMA is best known as a shatter proof alternative to glass, e.g. Perspex.
PMMA has quite good weathering properties as well has very good optical properties and UV absorption properties similar to glass. Depending upon the printing quality of the printer and the model used parts will range from near transparent to translucent. Wall thickness has a big impact on this characteristic of your resultant print.
Our PMMA Filament is sold in 1kg spools in both 1.75mm and 2.85mm diameters. The filament is shrink wrapped with silica gel to ensure low moisture content and so that it reaches you in ready to print quality.
iDig3Dprinting PMMA Filament Specifications
- Filament Material: PMMA (polymethyl methacrylate)
- Spool weight: 1kg
- Diameter: 1.75mm & 2.85mm;
- Print temp: 240-270°C
- Bed temp: 100°C
- Diameter tolerance: +/- 0.03mm
- Spool size: 20cm (D) x 5.5cm (h)
- Store in a cool and dry location (15-25°C) away from UV light; for best results use within 12 months of purchase.
PMMA Material properties
- Density: 1.19g/cm³
- Moisture absorption (23°C): 0.3%
- Tensile Strength (ISO 527-2): 70MPa
- Tensile Elongation (ISO 527-2): 14%
- Flexural Strength (ISO 178): 120MPa
- Softening Point (VICAT ISO 306B): 103°C
- Transparency (DIN 5036-3): 92%
- Surface Resistivity (IEC 93) 10^14 Ω
- Volume Resistivity (IEC 93) 10^15 Ω x cm³