Please note that the high steel content of the steelFill material makes the filament abrasive for Brass nozzles. It is not as abrasive as their carbon fiber, Colorfabb XT-CF20 filament, but may effect your print quality after printing 1.5 kg with a brass nozzle. Therefore Colorfabb recommended for this metal filled filament to print with abrasive resistant nozzles like the E3D hardened steel nozzle, the JET RSS50 and performance 3-d Hercules nozzles.
This is available in 1.75mm or 2.85mm diameter spools weighing 750g.
Here is a nice video of steelFill being printed on an Ultimaker 2+ 3D printer.
How to print with ColorFabb SteelFill
- Recommended extruder temperature: 195 – 220°C
- Recommended printer bed temperature: 0-50°C, Masking tape is recommended for cold heated beds.
- Recommended print speed: 40-100mm/s
- Layer height: 0.2-0.27mm with 0.4mm Nozzle
- Tolerance: +/- 0.05mm
- Cooling: No fan or if complicated start at 50% fan speed.