Why use our Natural ABS?
ABS is stronger than PLA filament and is good for producing durable and strong parts. It has good temperature resistance with a relatively high glass temperature. It also has very good impact resistance. Additionally it is very good for post processing. Parts made from ABS can be glued, sanded or smoothed with an acetone vapour bath to give a finish unblemished by the layering that occurs with FDM 3D printing.
ABS is great for prototyping as well as the hobbyist. It is recommended that you use a heated bed that can reach at least 100°C in order to reduce warping.
Although our natural ABS filament is offered at a great price we have not compromised on quality iDig3D ABS provides great extrusion consistency for repeatable high quality 3D printing results due to the consistency of the monofilament.
iDig3D ABS Filament Specifications
- Filament Material: ABS
- Spool weight: 1kg
- Diameter: 1.75mm & 2.85mm;
- Print temp: 210-250°C
- Bed Temperature: 100°C
- Diameter tolerance: +/- 0.03mm
- Ovalidity Tolerance (Max): +/- 5%
- Spool size: 20cm (D) x 70mm (h) & Hub diameter 53mm
- Store in a cool and dry location (15-25°C) away from UV light; for best results use within 12 months of purchase.