The Einscan SE is shining 3D’s entry level platform 3D scanner. Offering quality 3D scans at an affordable price.
The SE features at it’s heart a Zenmuse X7 compact super 35 camera with an integrated gimbal, made for high quality film making. This ensures great resolution and image quality. The 24 MP CMOS sensor is rated at 14 stops of the dynamic range so you can preserve that detail. Using a whit light camera for scanning also means it is safe on the eyes as it does not incorporate a laser.
It is very easy to set up and use, featuring one-click scanning. The scanner can be automatically calibrated against the calibration target. Scanning is also very fast. It takes 8 seconds for a single scan event and ~2 minutes for a full 360 degree scan in Auto Scan mode.
Once you have scanned your model in the ExScan software has a number of features to help you create water-tight 3D models with its Auto Meshing feature. The Can software can fill holes, smooth or sharpen the model and you can even adjust date coordinates so you can really refine that model.
The advantage of a desktop / platform scanner is that you tend to get more accurate scans as your movement does not influence the scan quality.
Einscan SE features
- Easy to operate
- Dual scan modes: Auto scan and Fixed scan modes
- 360 degrees rotating bed
- Safe white light scanning, no lasers
- Extensive post-processing software functionality
Eisncan SE Resources
Einscan SE specifications
Weight & dimensions
- dimensions: 57 x 21 x 21cm
- weight: 4.5kg
- Mode Alignment: Scan Mode – Feature, Manual; Auto Scan – Turntable, Manual
- Single Shot Accuracy: ±0.1mm
- Min Scan Volume: 3 x 3 x 3cm
- Max Scan Volume: Scan Mode – 70 x 70 x 70cm; Auto Scan – 20 x 20 x 20cm
- Scan Range (single capture): 20 x 15cm
- Scan Speed: < 8sec
- Point Distance: 0.17-0.2mm
- Texture Scanning: Yes
- File Formats: .OBJ, .STL, .ASC, .PLY
- Camera Resolution: 1.3Mp
- Light Source: White Light
- Stand Off Distance: 290-480mm
- Max Turntable Capacity: 5kg
Software & Hardware
- Connectivity: USB 2.0
- Software: ExScan
- OS: Windows 7, 8, 10 (64bit)
- CPU requirements: >= Dual Core i5
- RAM Requirements: 8GB
- Recommended Graphics: Nvidia Series, >1GB